Is there anything better than a quiche? This versatile dish can be adapted to include your favorite ingredients, and it’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Today, we’re sharing our favorite quiche recipe with you. It’s all baked in a super flaky homemade pie crust, and we’ve used a combination of milk and heavy cream for the richest, creamiest filling. So delicious!
We love adding bacon, feta cheese, ham, white cheddar cheese, crab meat, or spinach to our quiche. But don’t limit this dish to brunch — you can serve it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, Easter supper, baby showers, bridal showers, potlucks and even tea parties. Quiche is a great option when you need a quick and delicious recipe that’s sure to please a crowd.
Making quiche is easy, so don’t let the flaky crust intimidate you. Follow our step-by-step instructions for making your pie crust from scratch, prebake it for ten minutes, then add in your favorite ingredients and bake it until golden brown.
Quiche is a savory breakfast or brunch dish that consists of a pastry crust filled with eggs, cream, and other ingredients. It is usually served hot or warm. Quiche can be made in many different ways and can include a variety of meats, vegetables, cheeses, herbs, and spices. It’s an incredibly versatile dish that can be adapted to any taste or dietary preference.
The key to achieving a perfect quiche is in the texture of the filling. You want a quiche that has a creamy, custard-like center and slightly firm edges. To achieve this texture, you need to use a combination of eggs and cream (or milk). The ratio should be about four eggs to one cup of liquid. This will ensure that your quiche has the perfect texture and taste.
Making the Perfect Pie Crust
A good quiche starts with a flaky, buttery crust. To make sure you get a perfectly golden, flaky pie crust every time, follow these steps:
1. Start by combining all-purpose flour, salt , and butter in a food processor. Pulse until the texture resembles coarse meal.
2. Pour in some cold water and pulse until the dough comes together.
3. Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and chill for at least an hour before rolling it out.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thickness.
– Pie crust (homemade or store-bought):
1 9-inch pie crust
– Eggs: 4 large
– Milk and heavy cream: 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream
– Cheese: 2 cups grated cheese of your choice (cheddar, mozzarella, Swiss, etc.)
– Fillings of your choice (bacon, feta cheese, ham, white cheddar cheese, crab meat, spinach etc.)
– Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Quiche:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare a 9-inch pie plate by greasing it lightly with butter.
2. To make the crust, combine 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons cold, cubed butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water and mix using your hands or a fork until the dough starts to come together.
3. Transfer the dough to the prepared 9-inch pie plate and press it evenly into the pan. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before pre-baking it at 350°F/180°C for 10 minutes.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 large eggs, 1½ cups half-and-half or cream, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
5. Add the desired ingredients to the egg-and-cream mixture, such as crumbled bacon, diced ham or cooked sausage, cubed cheese, mushrooms, onions, spinach or any other desired vegetables. Stir well to combine.
6. Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie crust and bake at 350°F/180°C for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center is set and a knife inserted into it comes out clean.
7. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This breakfast quiche recipe is simple and delicious, but if you want to get creative, there are endless possibilities for variations. We hope you enjoy this classic quiche recipe and make it a part of your go-to breakfast or brunch rotation.
Ready to get baking? Try our best quiche recipe today and enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner with endless possibilities! Bon appetite!
We hope you enjoy this classic quiche recipe and make it a part of your breakfast. With our best quiche recipe at your fingertips, you can easily whip up breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea parties or any number of other meals with endless possibilities. So what are you waiting for? Get baking today!