Are you tired of wearing corrective glasses daily? Well, you aren’t alone! Over 544 million people across the globe complain of incorrect vision. Most of them would naturally find the needed help in the form of glasses or artificial lenses; however, there is an easier way out! Laser Eye surgery!
What is Laser Eye Surgery?
Also known as LASIK, this surgery aims at correcting eye disorders to enable a patient with naturally sound vision. The laser is focused on the cornea of the eye. This helps the doctors cut a flap in the cornea and change the eye’s imaging abilities.
While surgeries often get confused for risky solutions, LASIK is safe and has various benefits.
Significant reasons why you should go for Laser eye surgery
- Treats a variety of eye problems
LASIK is a medically recommended procedure to treat multiple eyesight problems. It offers versatility to eye patients by treating myopia, hyper myopia, and many more vision problems. It is a popular treatment for those who are suffering from multiple vision issues.
- Promote self-confidence
With laser surgery, you can eliminate the need for glasses quickly. Some people often hold back due to how they feel they look, and getting rid of big glasses could be a step forward in attaining confidence.
- Quick recovery
Laser eye surgery requires less time to recover, unlike other surgical procedures that can take weeks. Though the recovery process can vary from patient to patient yet, laser surgery allows you to recover in a much shorter period compared to other conventional treatments.
- Incredibly convenient
Not only is the recovery period shorter than most operations, but the operation itself also shouldn’t take more than 2-3 hours. After the operation, you would be required to keep your eyes covered for a maximum of 48 hours and not more. Most people report an improvement in their condition immediately after the corrective surgery.
- Less painful
Due to the use of numbing drops, LASIK isn’t painful at all. You would not even feel a thing. However, some side-effects of the treatment include slight pain in the eye or a burning sensation, which too can be easily avoided if one applies the eye drops prescribed by their doctor. Click here to know more about Laser Eye Surgery.
Things to Consider After Laser Eye Surgery
- For the first few days, the vision can be hazy or blurry, but you would notice improved vision shortly after the surgery. We further recommend that you visit your doctor regularly to be safe. You should also continue with any medication that may have been advised to avoid minor discomfort.
- After laser surgery, your eyes will get dry. The doctor will provide you prescription eye drops, which will help in keeping the eye moist.
- Moreover, it is preferable to use eye drops to prevent infection. The recovery process after Laser eye surgery is rapid.
- You may even be required to continue using your glasses for some time. This not only protects your eyes from any external hits but also helps you ease into the post-surgery eyesight.
Most of the patients around the world can improve their vision to 20/25 after laser eye surgery. The patients can follow their regular schedule within 24 hours after the surgical procedure.
Nevertheless, in some rare cases, you may have to go in for another correction surgery. This is usually the case with clinics that do not have much experience dealing with eye surgeries. You should only trust an expert when it comes to something as delicate as your eyes.