If you’ve been in a relationship for any period of time, it’s likely that you’re looking at a lot of different factors about the future. Marriage is a likely consideration, and you may be looking to ask your boyfriend for their hand in marriage.
But, how do you do it? What sorts of things can you do to make this something to remember? And how can you be sure that it won’t take them too off guard? Here are 5 ideas you can use to propose to your significant other.
1. Plan an Outdoor Adventure with Them. Does your man enjoy getting outdoors and seeing what there is to see? Then you definitely want to be sure to put together an outdoor adventure with them. Camping, hiking, and even hunting can be fun and exciting activities that lead up to the big moment when you propose to them!
2. Spend a Day Enjoying His Favorite Activity. Not all activities are outdoor activities, and your boyfriend (soon to be fiancée) may have some other preferences. Maybe you’re looking at setting up a day of paintball or laser tag with some of his best friends. Or, you may want to engage your brains with an escape room, a board game day, or video games. Spending a relaxing day with his favorite activities is a great lead-up to a proposal.
3. Relive a Memorable Moment You Spent Together. Where did you go on your first date? Where was your first kiss? When and where was the first time you said “I love you?” Recreating one of the magical moments in your relationship could be just the thing you need to set the stage for a proposal.
4. Use Something They Enjoy. If you’re keeping it simple, you may want to get creative with what you’re using for your proposal. You can put together a box that they’ll remember. Maybe you can hollow out a ball from their favorite sport, make a giant Pokeball, or hide it behind their video game controller so that they can find it.
5. Plan a Surprise Trip. Sometimes, you just want to go all out, and that’s totally okay as well! Plan some sort of surprise trip to a destination you’ve always talked about visiting like Rome or London. Then, you can set everything up in a manner that allows the moment to just happen naturally. It can be a lot of fun to plan the trip together and perhaps surprise him with a shopping tour to find the best engagement rings London or Rome has. You can spring the question there and continue to this next part of your journey together as a couple.
Explore your options and see what you can do to make this day special. It’ll take some effort to sort things out, but once you take the leap and decide that you’re going to propose, you’ll find that the journey is quite exciting. Sort out the details and make it an experience that they will always remember.
To read more on topics like this, check out the lifestyle category.