Tasteful ways to wear your hat in Style – The Kentucky Derby also known as “The Run for the Roses” is a thrill filled 1.25 horse race held in the first Saturday in the month of May in Louisville, Kentucky. Kentucky Derby is famous not only for the race but also for the various traditions associated with the event like the famous Mint Julep, the famous official drink of the Derby and Burgoo. The drink a stew made with pork, beef, chicken and vegetables which is the staple meal. One of the traditions is the beautiful woman arriving in fabulous dresses wearing elaborate hats. This is the best time to wear on a new hat or dust off your hatbox and pick one of your old favorite hats. You may not have the intention of attending to this famous horse race, you may want to brush up on your hat wearing skills and make use of it in the next social event.
Mentioned below are some tips which should be taken into consideration before making a major purchase of Kentucky Derby hats:-
- Hat first, outfit next – One of the main thing to consider while wearing Kentucky Derby is your hat, so select the perfect hat before determining the formal dress you will pair it with. Women sometime select a wide brimmed hat to shield the sun from their eyes and also make it a powerful fashion statement.
- Consider the shape of your face and your body type – The hat you wear frames your face as a silver frame compliments your favorite photo, therefore it would be a good idea to take a valued friend with you so that you can get their honest feedback and make a worthy purchase. Women with larger proportion should avoid small hat as it will overwhelm the overall look they are trying to achieve.
- Hat should not completely overshadow your face, especially your eyes and mouth – Your real beauty lies in your eyes and mouth and you should not cover it. Let others see and enjoy your expression throughout the race.
- Selection of dress should be as simple yet elegant in solid color is always the best – In case your hat has got flowers, avoid wearing a floral dress. You are not going for a ‘Matchy-Matchy’ combination.
- Do not wear busy jewelry – The hat you are wearing is an integral part of your Kentucky Derby wardrobe and oversized jewelry will compete with your bold hat selection.
- Lastly, you should be aware of your surroundings – You may of course not be sitting in the Millionaire’s row, where the rich and the famous enjoy the race. JJ’s House seated at a social event like a wedding or theatre performance where the oversized headwear may block the other guests. Kentucky Derby is a venue where drama is created and hence takes care of this aspect. Make use of your best judgment and enjoy the event.
Wear a Derby hat which will make you look good and feel like a million bucks and you too are comfortable with. Being uncomfortable and not up to par on Derby day is the worst thing you will have to face. Wear your best and enjoy the day.
To read more on topics like this, check out the lifestyle category.