Diamond shopping sounds exciting! However, when it comes to engagement rings, it can be tough, especially when you consider the four Cs—cut, carat weight, color, and clarity. The biggest deliberation when it comes to choosing an engagement ring is the size of its cut.
Hence, we are giving you a list of diamond cuts that look biggest for engagement rings.
1. Round cut. This is the most popular cut for engagement rings and is regarded by many as the one that sparkles the most. This diamond cut has 58 facets shaped into a circle. The round cut comes in several sizes and looks good on all hand sizes because of its proportionate angles.
2. Oval cut. This cut has the closest semblance to the round cut. Its remarkable shine makes it appear bigger than its actual size. Its elongated shape also gives an additional advantage—to form an illusion of size. If you want to give your finger a slimmer and longer look, this cut is your best pick.
3. Emerald cut. If you want something different and quite distinctive, then this is your cut. Unlike the round and oval cuts, the emerald is a rectangular cut that gives a long and prolonged sparkle. Its facets are large and create a “box of mirror” appearance when you look closely inside the stone.
4. Marquise cut. This cut may be one of the less common cuts as it bears a style that you don’t see every day. However, this marquise cut is as old as King Louis IV. This diamond cut looks like a miniature football, with an elongated and thin outline that intersects in a point on both tips.
5. Princess cut. Considered as the modern alternative to the round cut, the princess cut has a square shape containing a large number of facets. Its geometric form most likely attracts women who like fashionable jewelry pieces. The princess cut was first introduced in the seventies.
6. Pear-shape cut. Another atypical cut is the pear shape. Its form is a mixture of marquise and oval cut, reminding you of a teardrop. First seen in the 1450s, the pear shape is considered as a glamorous vintage style that is perfect for women with shorter fingers and smaller hands.
Find Your Perfect Cut!
Whichever cut you pick for engagement rings will spark joy. After all, diamonds are a girl’s best friend.