Malaysia is a popular tourist destination and attracts hundreds and thousands of visitors every year. The cities are amazing, and it is a paradise for nature lovers. There are still many places and spots that are underrated, and one good example is Kuching. Here, you will find that rare balance of preserved traditions and modern connectivity. Hilton Kuching is a good option when comes to looking for a hotel in Kuching. The ongoing tourism and travel packages keep the vacation and accommodation affordable.
Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak, is located on Borneo Island. As a kaleidoscope of cultures and cuisines, here you will find that perfect mix of modern and colonial vibes. ‘Kuching’ means ‘cat’ in Malay and the city is home to different tribes and cultures. One finds different tribes such as Melanau, Penan, Kedayan, Iban, Bidayuh and Orang Ulu living here and this is what makes Kuching unique. There is a lot to do and see here despite the small size of the city. Thus, head for Kuching the next time, as there are plenty of awesome things to do in the cat city.
- Go for a Santubong river cruise during the sunset for a breathtaking experience. The cruise starts at the mouth of Santubong River and lasts for around two hours. It is indeed the most unforgettable experience as you go towards the majestic Mount Santubong.
- Take history lessons in the Sarawak Cultural Village and learn about Malaysia. Sarawak Cultural Village is located at the foothills of Mount Santubong and is well famous as The Living Museum’. Here you can see heritage and lifestyle of the gone days of Sarawakians and feel the remarkable cultural diversity within the village. You see and learn how the different tribes lived together in the past.
- Explore Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre to have a look at the semi-wild orangutans, the most famous residents of the park. Enjoy looking at them as they roam and swing freely and it is indeed an exhilarating experience to see them from so close.
- If you re fond of nature and love trekking, then head towards Mount Santubong that offers a challenging but a very rewarding hiking experience. The moderately steep climb is well paved and will take you through the dense jungles. Walk on the well-paved woodland paths and find yourself surrounded by picturesque creeks and astounding sceneries.
- Enjoy a homestay at an authentic kampong village to get the firsthand experience of the Sarawakian culture. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for travelers to experience the hospitable and exotic atmosphere while staying with the Bidayuh community.
- Pagsanjan Falls will simply wow you with its natural and rugged surroundings. It is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist attractions. It can be reached by boat and will take about an hour, Find yourself amidst the local wildlife, the bushes, and vines.
- Puerto Galera, located in Oriental Mindoro is famous for diving and popular beaches like Boracay and Subic. Mt. Malasimbo is like a hidden gem and is home to the Iraya Mangyan tribe. Be wary of long treks and steep trails and get rewarded by sights of a great range of flora and fauna.
- It is indeed hard to resist the charm of Buntot-Palos and Ambon-Ambon Falls, the two magnificent falls. You will come across lots of photographers and hikers on the three-hour trek. This waterfall trail offers quite a refreshing experience.
- Do not come back without testing the legendary bowl of Sarawak Laksa which is moderately spicy and very flavorful. You will enjoy the rest of Kuching’s food, but Laksa is a clear winner. Some of the most popular dishes include bamboo chicken, Sarawak layer cake, milk tea, Midin and Sarawak popiah.