You may have heard the term ‘white glove logistics’ and wondered about the meaning, or you may actually use the service in your own business, as this sector works with many industries. The term ‘white glove’ generally relates to hi-tech equipment, while logistics involves the transportation, installation and configuration of such equipment.
Here are a few of the services offered by the white glove logistics company.
- ATM Installation – ATMs are transported, installed and put online by the white glove logistics team, who are authorised to work on these machines. Next time you are using an ATM, spare a thought for the mobile teams that install these essential machines around the UK.
- Data Centres – Whether creating a new facility or relocating an existing data centre, this is a job for the white glove logistics team and they are able to install the server racking, the servers and also configure the system to go online. Old data servers can also be responsibly disposed of by the white glove logistics company.
- Digital Vending Machines – The latest generation of touch screen vending machines are very complex and require specialist installation and fully equipped mobile teams work tirelessly throughout the UK to install these machines.
- Health Equipment – This would include MRI and CAT scanning machines, which are heavy and bulky, requiring specialist installation with final mile delivery from a company such as Rhenus High Tech, who are a leading white glove logistics provider in the United Kingdom. Next time you are working out in the gym, the hi-tech fitness equipment is another sector that the white glove logistics company handles.
- IT Hardware Disposal & Replacement – Many large companies replace their IT hardware every few years and if you are talking about hundreds of workstation computers and monitors, this is a major project. The white glove logistics company are licensed to dispose of hardware according to the WEEE directive and large teams can complete big projects within a given timeline.
- Access Control Systems – These are found at sports arenas and train stations and do require specialist handling and installation that the white glove logistics company provide. This type of equipment endures heavy use and needs to be serviced at regular intervals, which happens to be another job for the white glove technician. Click here for tips on packing fragile items for secure transportation.
- Robotics – Very advanced robotics do require white glove solutions with the challenging task of transporting, fitting and setting up manufacturing robots. Once installed, the robotic arms need to be configured to carry out the various tasks, then testing can commence before the equipment is finally calibrated and can start work.
- Telecommunications – Financial markets require state of the art telecommunications, as split seconds count when trading and these fibre optic connections are managed by white glove logistics technicians. Secure networks need cyber-security protection and only authorised technicians are permitted to work with this highly complex networks.
If you ever require such logistics services, search with Google for an established white glove logistics company and they would be happy to quote for your project.