Badge reels are a great alternative to traditional lanyards. Using a reel will reduce the chances of your employees forgetting or losing their ID cards. They are an excellent way to keep ID cards in place. Further, they offer better protection than lanyards that are easily breakable.
Benefits of Using a Badge Reel for ID Cards
Consider issuing badge reels to your employees or contractors. They are a viable way to ensure the ID cards last a little longer. A card attached to a badge reel can’t be stuffed away in a pocket or wallet. Also, reels are convenient regardless of whether the ID needs to be swiped or displayed for visible inspection.
Safety and Security: ID cards secured in badge reels are much safer in an industrial area or construction site than those attached to lanyards. The cards won’t flap around or come out loose because reels are tight and firm.
Ease of Access: ID card reels offer unparalleled ease of access. They keep cards within reach, so users don’t have to go through the trouble of taking cards out of a wallet or pocket.
Convenience: Reels for badges are very compact and convenient. You can clip them directly to a belt loop. Most reels are dual-purpose and can hold both ID cards and keys. They are thus a great way to secure all these essentials in one compact place. Some of these come with pre-assembled badge loops.
Smart Options: They are now available with smart functions like quick-lock features and release buttons. Some of them come with extendable cords that also retract smoothly. You can try no-twist reels, which will prevent your ID from flapping around. Swivel reels add the least strain to the clothing fabric because they turn and swivel with ease.
Visibility: They offer visibility without the inconvenience of a lanyard swinging around your employee’s neck. ID cards attached to badge reels can readily be displayed for inspection. They can be detached from the belt loop in one quick movement. They also offer perfect mobility in case the card needs to be swiped.
Durability: ID card reels are more durable than lanyards. Mostly, they are made with heavy-duty material and are long-lasting. They don’t break away easily. They also ensure the durability of the card. Further, the chances of cards getting lost are lower. Unlike lanyards, badge reels can’t get caught in equipment parts.
What Type of Badge Reel Should You Choose?
There are different types of ID card reels available in the market today. They include:
- Clip ID Reels: These reels come with clips that can be easily attached to clothing. They are compact and simple to use.
- Carabiner Reels: They are no-twist reels that keep the ID facing forward. They come with press-and-release latches that make it easy to attach them to belt loops or wallet loops. They are also flexible.
- Smart Card Reels: They offer access to your Smart Cards, HID Cards, and Prox cards. They also come with quick lock and release buttons.
- Heavy Duty Reels: These reels are made with heavy-duty material or reinforced material. They are strong and durable.
- Economy Reels: You can buy economy reels if you need them in large quantities. They are made with cheaper material alternatives like plastic but serve the purpose nevertheless. If you are not an industrial employer, then these reels will do the job. But they might not be conducive to rough handling in industrial sites, construction sites, or shipyards.
Badge reels are the perfect solution to keeping ID cards by your side but out of the way. They are durable, convenient, and easy to use. Using a badge reel will also ensure the ID cards last longer.